Thursday, August 18, 2005

 

future snapshots

someone asked me recently what i want my life to look like a year from now. wow, great question, i thought. i was a bit surprised to find i didn't have an immediate answer. you'd think with all the thinking i do about following one's dreams i would have had a quick come back - but i didn't. i realized that while i have a whole list of things i want to have in my life, things i am working towards, i haven't put a timeframe on almost any of them.

part of this can certainly be attributed to that fact that i am a big proponent of living the questions and letting the universe unfold as it will, but there is something to be said for creating a picture in your mind of what you want your life to look like say 3 months from now. imagining yourself in a time months from now is a vivid process. like a snapshot of the future, we can picture our lives complete with the new and evolving parts we are hoping to attain.

i've made a commitment to try it. to create a vivid picture in my mind of what i want my life to look like. to consider who will be in it, what i will be doing and how i will feel. to imagine where i will live, what i will be celebrating and what will be on my horizon.

ask yourself, as i'll be asking myself:
-what do you want your life to look like in 6 months?
-what do you want your life look like in a year?
-what do you want your life to look like in 5 years?

as always, i'd love to hear about the images you create.

dream big,
-kirsten

Comments:
I love this process. You've basically described the purpose of the web app I want to build...been designing it informally for years.
 
Jeremy,
A web app for planning your life...sounds very cool. You'll have to let me know when you unveil it.
-Kirsten
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?